| The infamous, scrumptious hotel waffle... yum! |
Today was a fairly relaxed day. Randy had a little bit of work to finish up, then we went to the Joel Lane Museum House. Joel Lane is called the "Father of Raleigh." He was a land-rich politician in the late 1700's. He provided 1,000 acres of his land in 1792 for the establishment of the North Carolina State Capital in Raleigh. Joel Lane's house is said to be the best house of its time in the area.
| beautiful grounds |
| Feverfew in the herb garden |
| Lavender |
| The herb garden |
| The Lane Family Bible |
| Bible chest to protect the Bible which contained family history as well as fancy paper for pages |
| New Hampshire Revolutionary seven dollar bill |
| The guest bedroom; love the canopy |
| Demonstration of how a string bed works |
| Crepe Myrtle by the Lane house outdoor kitchen |
We finished off the day with an unproductive trip to the mall and planning excursions for tomorrow.
Oh, and did I mention I like afternoon naps? :)
Oh, sister. I've been reading and enjoying your vacation stories. But I just can't keep it in any longer. Vacay? What? Who calls it that? Everything is letter perfect except for that one word. Vacay. It's making me nuts! Lol.
ReplyDeleteLOL! I'm glad I can still entertain you, dear sister!
ReplyDelete