Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Birthday Has Begun

In a couple of days I will celebrate my 50th birthday.  I'm not feeling particularly happy about it.  Many people close to me that I care a lot about are working to make this experience more pleasant for me.  I greatly appreciate these thoughtful efforts.

I started celebrating three days before my birthday when my friend from work, Jennifer, gave me a nice card, a gift, and sweet wishes for a great weekend.  Thanks, Jenn!  I appreciate you and enjoy sharing a classroom with you.

After work Friday I got my nails done.  This is a luxury I enjoy as often as possible.  Ann does an awesome job on my nails and has become a good friend.  Thanks, Ann, for the nail polish and hours we spend talking.  My new polish is almost the exact same color as my car.  Very pretty.



Saturday didn't start out particularly well since I had to go to the dentist at 9am to start a crown on one of my teeth.  They ended up also taking off the crown on the tooth behind it to get a new one made in a different shade.  I left still partially numb and ready to lay down.  When my mouth woke up I went to the kitchen for a bite of lunch and fell on the kitchen floor.  That pretty much ruined whatever good feelings I may have had left over for the day.

I took a pain pill and went to bed.  Just before I fell asleep, Sarah brought in a beautiful Edible Arrangement that was delivered to the house.  It was from my sisters for my birthday.  Thank you, Pam and Linda, for a delicious birthday present.  It couldn't have arrived at a better time.  I felt better just looking at it.  An edible arrangement is the kind of gift I can dive right into and feel good about it.

I've always wanted an Edible Arrangement.  Yum!
The fruit is skewered into a head of lettuce.
The mail brought a lovely birthday card from Randy's parents.  "Happy Birthday to a woman who is admired and appreciated for being the truly special person she is."  Thank you, Mom and Pop, for your kind and generous words, having a wonderful son that I married, and being the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow and Monday bring.

1 comment: