Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011 Season of Trees

This Christmas was unexpectedly one of beautiful Christmas trees.  I just have to share.

My favorite scene of the entire year is our living room in our dream home with stockings hung on the mantle above a crackling fire.  Every ornament on the tree has a special meaning.  There are ornaments from each of my kids' first Christmases, their years through elementary school, UT memorabilia, more recently, ornaments from Randy and my life together, and of course, granddaughter Emma.  This was her fourth Christmas, so there are four ornaments of her on the tree.

My sister, Pam, and her husband, Joe's, Christmas tree.  Not pictured is the Elvis stocking on the mantle that plays "Blue Christmas."  :)

Every year our church, First Presbyterian, decorates the sanctuary with flowing garlands, bright poinsettias, and a towering Christmas tree.  It is uplifting just walking in the door.

Northpark Mall holds memories for me back to high school.  It's still a nice mall with heart-warming decorations.

This year Christmas with Randy's parents was hosted at his brother and sister-in-law's house.  We alternate years.  Christmas 2012 will be at our house.  Their tree is filled with memorable ornaments also.

I know it probably doesn't make sense to a lot of you, but in my mind, Christmas isn't over as long as the tree is still lit.  Ours is still lit.  :)

Deborah and Daniel's Christmas tree is just the right size for their apartment and beautifully reflects them.

I even found a Christmas tree ornament on Deborah and Daniel's tree!

Randy's little Cubs tree on the piano.

This lovely little tree is at Randy's parents' house.  It has a color wheel that reflects changes on the tree branches.  It reminds me of an aluminum tree my parents had when I was growing up that had a red-green-blue-yellow color wheel sitting nearby to light it.

My in-laws also have this lovely tree hanging on the wall.  It has little pockets and places for ornaments or other keepsakes.  I'm sure there is a story behind it that I need to hear.

 Over the Christmas holiday, I had to take my car in to Dallas dodge for some bumper repair.  They had this beautiful tree in the lobby.

The Dodge tree was covered with toy cars and trucks, even a RED PT CRUISER!  Now that's my kind of tree!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including our tree. And tiny tree. :)
    Next year we're going to do a winter theme for the tree and decorations--white tree, white lights, silver, icy blue. Love the post-Christmas clearance sales!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest that you add the picture of my parent's tree to your blog, but you had already figured it out. I remember the Christmas trees with color wheels too!

    Originally, my family had real Christmas trees. But I kept getting skin rashes from my allergies to evergreen trees. Thus, we ended up with an artificial tree.

    ReplyDelete