Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

June 24th marked the fourth anniversary of the beginning of my marvelous marriage to the most wonderful husband ever.

To celebrate this year, Randy told me to dress nice for a surprise destination dinner. We drove for half an hour before stopping in front Carmine's Pizza, a place we frequented often when Randy lived in north Dallas. It is quite possibly the best pizza in Dallas. While going there would have been great, I thought we were a bit over dressed. My handsome groom wore his suit pants and shirt he wore at our wedding.

Just kidding! We pulled out of the parking lot and drove around the neighborhood looking at various things. Randy was trying to throw me off since I had guessed where we were going. Don't tell him, but he didn't have to try very hard. I couldn't find Chamberlain's Fish Market again without him. :)

So you guessed it, we ate at Chamberlain's Fish Market. Randy had various kinds of fried seafood. I ordered their decadent fresh sauteed spinach with garlic and tomatoes and a baked potato. The waiter offered to have a veggie and pasta dish made for me. Mmmmm! Spaghetti with broccoli, baby carrots, snow pea pods, capers, and olive oil. Wow! The best dish I've had in a long time.

Now I'm sure you're wondering why Randy took a vegetarian to a fish restaurant. Chamberlain's Fish Market was the exquisite restaurant where Randy and I dined November 5, 2005, the night he proposed. OK, collective, "Awww...."

Our dinner at Chamberlain's on our fourth anniversary was just as wonderful as it was the night I had the pleasure of agreeing to become Mrs. Randy Walker. I love you, Sweetheart.

1 comment:

  1. And I love you too! It's great to have such a wonderful wife and wonderful memories.

    Great garden post as well. I would have never thought of foot zucchini!?!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete