Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who would've thought....

Who would have thought a children's song, "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" would make me cry?

It would if my baby girl who is 5 days away from turning 21 years old recorded it and sent it to me from the other side of the world!!

Sarah is volunteering at a school in Delhi teaching the kids English. In her words:

"My mom is helping me put together an English lesson for the kids at the slum tomorrow. Never thought I'd come halfway around the world to do what she does in our hometown. :)"

"The slum kids start school in one hour; I'll be there in an hour and a half. I'll sing, talk slowly, label my own body parts, and, no doubt, be laughed at all morning. (If not by the Bengali children then by the German volunteer.)

But if they learn what their head and shoulders and knees and toes are... Of course, it's worth it. These are the difficult things that produce rewards. I'm nervous, but I'll go and they'll learn and I'll walk away beaming."


No comments:

Post a Comment